Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Health concerns: in japanese!

Hi again!

Okay, so my last post was more successful than I thought it would be. I decided to make yet another post because my inbox is currently flooded with people who are wanting to know more tips and phrases.

So here it is :)

Health Concerns (what you should know and say) 

Let's get down to basic terms we should know-- what our body parts are called.  This first part is going to be vocabulary of body parts, meaning we get to learn what the Japanese call their body parts (sounds a little weird, I know). Here is the list of words and what body part the word goes to:


頭(atama) - head
目(me) - eye
耳(mimi) - ear
鼻(hana) - nose
口(kuchi) - mouth
喉(nodo) - throat
腕(ude) - arm
て(te) - hand
背中(senaka) - back
お腹(onaka) - stomach
足(ashi) - leg
体(karada) - body
顔(kao) - face
首(kubi) - neck
下(shita) - tongue
肩(kata) - shoulder
胸(mune) - chest
ウエスト(ue su to) - waist
膝(hiza) - knee
足首(ashikubi) - ankle
歯(ha) - tooth

Now onto explaining what is bothering you now that we've got a common knowledge of what the names of our body parts are in Japanese.

風邪を引いてしまいました(kaze o hiite shimaimashita) - I have caught a cold
少し疲れてました(sukoshi tsukaremashita) - I am a little tired
少しめまいがいます(sukoshi memai ga imasu) - I feel slightly dizzy
気持ちが悪くなった(kimochi ga warukunatta) - I feel worse
私は、心臓が非常に弱いんです。(watashi wa, shinzou ga hijou ni yowain desu) - I have a very weak heart.
私は、どうも気分がひどくゆくないものです(watashi wa, doumo kibun ga hidoku yokunai mono desu) - I don't feel very well.
昨日の午後、ものすごく腹痛がしたんです(kinou no gogo, mono sugoku fukutsuu ga shitan desu) - I had a frightful stomach ache yesterday afternoon.
胸が痛みます(mune ga itamimasu) - I have a pain in my chest
どうしたのか、頭がフラフラするんです(dou shita no ka, atama ga furafura surun desu) - I don't know what's wrong, I feel a little giddy.
近頃、体調がすぐれないのです(chikagoro, taichou ga sugurenai no desu) - I've been feeling out of sorts lately.
私は風邪気味です。(watashi wa kaze gimi desu) - I have a slight cold
私は、頭が痛いんです。少し眠りたいんです(watashi wa, atama ga itain desu. sukoshi nemuritain desu) - I have a headache. I want to go to bed.
  体全体がだるいだけ(karada zentai ga darui dake) - I feel a general uneasiness, that's all
歯が痛みました(ha ga itamimashita) - I had a toothache
私は、長年、心臓を患っているものです(watashi wa, naganen, shinzou o wazuratte iru mono desu) - For years I have suffered from cardiac weakness.
私は気が遠くなっていくのを感じま(watashi wa ki ga tooku natte iku no o kanjima) - I felt like I was going to faint.
目の中が痛かった(me no naka ga itakatta) - my eyeballs ached.
私、とてもたまらないほど頭が痛いの(watashi, totemo tamaranai hodo atama ga itai no) - I've got the most terrible headache.
ひどく疲れて、気分もすぐれないのです。(hidoku tsukarete, kibun mo sugurenai no desu) - I am very tired and ill
ただの風邪ですもの(tada no kaze desu mono) - It's just a cold
私はもう墓のすぐそばにいるような気がする。(watashi ha mou haka no sugu soba ni iru you na ki ga suru) - I feel that the grave is not far distant.
整理です(seiri desu) - I have my period
鼻水が出ます(hanamizu ga demasu) - I have a runny nose
下痢です(geri desu) - I have diarrhea
便秘です(benpi desu) - I am constipated
吐きました(haki mashita) - I vomitted
風邪ひいたよ(kazehiita yo) - I have caught a cold
気分が悪い(kibungawarui) - I feel under the weather
咳が出ます(seki ga demasu) - I have caught a cough
筋肉痛です(kin'nikutsuudesu) - I have sore muscles
今二日酔いです(ima futsukayoidesu) - I am hungover now
頭が痛いです(atama ga itai desu) - my head hurts
頭痛がします(zutsuu ga shimasu) - I have a headache
背中が痛い(senaka ga itai) - my back hurts
目が乾燥している(me ga kansou shite iru) - my eyes are dry


These are just a handful of phrases, but I hope this helps! If you enjoyed this, then subscribe the blog and stay tuned for more

それじゃあ、また!




No comments:

Post a Comment